Head of Public Health - Full Time, Remote
WeHealth is a Public Benefit Corporation founded at the intersection of public health, technology and design. We take a human-first approach to ensure that our technology is safe, private, and anonymous. We build and foster decentralized technology to prevent and control the spread of infectious diseases such as COVID-19 securely and anonymously, i.e. without sharing any personal information, to protect individual privacy.
WeHealth seeks a well-rounded and highly motivated Head of Public Health to support and assess effective use of our exposure notification and public health communication framework. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a passion for technology and public health. This is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience working for an early-stage, mission-driven technology company in a dynamic and fast-paced global environment, and have an immediate impact.
About the Product
You can see more about the app here.
About the RoleWe'll look to you to lead the public health strategy and plans, but we expect your role will involve:
- Leading research into technology update, and its effectiveness in promoting earlier COVID-19 diagnosis and treatment, in senior living communities
- Collaborating with the research department on the analysis and interpretation of analytics data
- Overseeing relationships with tribal nation partners
- Leading the customization of app messaging, including attending customer calls as needed
- Collaborating with the marketing and customer success departments to design strategies to promote app use with a view to equity
- Collaborating with the research and engineering departments to translate changes in public health situations and in the product to the needs of both end users and other stakeholders, and to translate those needs into priorities for product changes
- Collaborating with the research and engineering departments in the design of wearable solutions and other new technological development
Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves ~6 months post hire to determine wether the role was a success.
- Did they oversee the smooth execution of research initiatives?
- Have they brought public health insights to many aspects of what we do?
- Have they developed a deep understanding of our stakeholders?
- Have they cultivated our community?
- Extensive prior experience in public health
- Masters in Public Health or related field
- Ability to switch between strategy and execution and do what it takes to get things done
- You’re versatile and resourceful enough to figure out how to execute a strategy that employs subdisciplines in which you have just enough experience
- User research experience is a plus
WeHealth is a completely distributed team. Since we’re incorporated in the U.S., U.S. laws will apply in what we do.
We’re open to discussing various employment and compensation structures.The cash compensation is at the level of early-stage startups (in the range of $80k-$100k a year), enough to cover expenses and to make work sustainable. We also offer very generous equity and very good health care and other benefits. Our PTO policy includes one week off per quarter, an additional two weeks each year and a dozen paid holidays of your choosing.
We aim to begin interviews in mid-October and this position’s projected start date is December 1, 2021.
We respect your time, so we’ve kept it simple to just a resume and a cover letter. For the cover letter, bullet points are fine. It’s just useful to have context when reviewing applications.
It is the policy of WeHealth to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, religion, age, gender, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, disability or AIDS/HIV status, medical conditions, gender identity, or status as a Vietnam-Era veteran. These categories specifically include status as a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning person.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
We pride ourselves in being a mission-driven, purpose-led organization and a group of dedicated individuals who care about social good and public health impact. We care about each other and about the world, and it shows in how we interact with each other and our customers and in all the decisions we make. While our organization arose out of the pandemic and is focused on addressing the COVID-19 crisis-, our goal is to create a culture of stability, assurance, trust, resilience, and a sense of calm within our organization and everyone we work with. We believe in work-life balance, taking weekends off, avoiding burnout and making sure everyone finds meaning and sustainability in what we do. Our mission is to address global health challenges through technology and human-centered design, to prevent disease and promote health, and it all starts with taking care of ourselves 😀.