The Science of Pandemic Technology
Bringing together the best available science and technology to support public health.
Learn more about upcoming events, news, and insights.
October 18, 2021
Speakers: Meagan O’Brien (Regeneron Pharmaceuticals); Jennifer Ross (University of Washington)
This series is co-hosted with The Big Data Institute at The University of Oxford to reveal and promote cutting-edge research that is directly relevant to digital tools that help mitigate the spread of infectious diseases.
Watch recordings of past events, anytime. Contributors include leading experts in exposure science, epidemiology, virology, public health, infectious disease, privacy, cybersecurity, and more.
- Meagan O’Brien (Regeneron Pharmaceuticals)
- Jennifer Ross (University of Washington)
- Amanda Wilson (University of Arizona)
- Ramsey Faragher (Focal Point Positioning)
- Curran Schiefelbein (MIT Lincoln Laboratory)
- Tyler Starr (Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center)
- Katrina Lythgoe (University of Oxford)
Speakers (Robert Koch Institute):
- Tim Weihrauch
- Göran Kirchner
- Justus Benzler
- Viktor von Wyl (University of Zurich)
- Marcel Salathé (Swiss National COVID-19 Science Task Force)
Speakers & Respondents:
- Peter Singer - Ethics
- James Petrie - WeHealth
- Carmela Troncoso - DP3T
- Louise Ivers - Public Health
- Jane Bambauer - Law
- Jason Hong - User Acceptability
Speaker: Aalekh Sharan
Speaker: Charles N. Haas (Drexel University)
Last week’s event was awesome! There were 5 from my department that attended as well, they also wrote to say how much they enjoyed the debate.